2013年1月27日日曜日

Sambo- The Ultimate Russian Martial Art

For a while now, I am practicing primarily in Brazilian jujitsu and some kickboxing.  Recently, I wanted to learn some new techniques from other martial arts to add to my repertoire.  One day, I was watching the Human Weapon, a great tv show that features different martial arts from around the world.  I saw the sambo video that they did.  When watching this video, I knew that I wanted to learn some sambo techniques.  Sambo looked very similar to jujitsu but with some differences.  Sambo is very famous for throws and arm and leg locks.  I think its great to learn new techniques because it allows you to learn from a different perspective. 

On Youtube, I found a series featuring techniques from Ultimate Sambo in New York City.  The instructor on the video goes through each technique methodically.  You can really grasp on how to do the technique properly and effective.  Also, the video is in English which is huge plus for me.  I cannot speak nor understand Russian.  Please watch and enjoy!!  Keep on fighting!!


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿