2012年12月6日木曜日

Dining Dojo Drinks: Suntory's Caramel Brown

Dining Dojo just tried and reviewed Suntory's new winter release, Caramel Brown.  Caramel Brown is a beer that combines European caramel, bitter North American hops, and barley.  Caramel Brown is classified as a happoshu (発泡酒), a low-malt beer. 

When you first taste the Caramel Brown, you can definitely tell that it is not your typical beer.  Caramel Brown has a strong alcoholic taste.  Suntory claims that you can smell the caramel in the beverage.  When I smelled it for my review, I couldn't find the caramel flavor.  The smell of the alcohol definitely overpowered the sweetness of caramel in this beverage which is a shame. 

This is a cheap beverage.  A 350ml can typically runs for 148 yen, while, a 500ml can runs for 198 yen.  Would I buy the Caramel Brown again?  Probably not.

Here is my review of Suntory's Caramel Brown

Here are some pics of the beverage.



For more information on the Caramel Brown, go to http://www.suntory.co.jp/beer/caramel

1 件のコメント:

  1. I respectfully disagree. I loved this shit!
    It's definitely the best beer you can get for the price.

    返信削除